- Last Updated on December 4, 2017
Positions Available Winter 2017
1. Office Assistant
2. Childcare Provider
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) is a caring, open-minded, and progressive religious community that seeks to make a difference in the larger community. All are welcome here without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability or economic status.
We are a UUA “Welcoming Congregation” and are also working to increase our collective multicultural competence and commitment to racial equity and inclusion.
Position: Office Assistant (Communications)
Purpose: This position has primary responsibility as assistant to the Director of Administration and to provide administrative support to office and program staff as directed. The office assistant must work collegially with volunteers is also the first point of contact for Members, Friends, visitors and vendors.
Reports to: Director of Administration (DA).
Supervises: No direct supervision of other staff.
FLSA: Non-exempt from overtime.
Work Schedule: Final hours and schedule to be determined.
Monday through Thursday, between the hours of 9:30 AM to 6 PM. Includes two Sundays per month (8:30 am – 1 pm).
- Welcome and assist anyone who visits the office.
- Manage basic office support needs by ordering office supplies, processing mail and overseeing use and training for office equipment.
- Provide clerical support to appropriate staff member for Visitor program.
- Support staff and members with registrations, mailing labels/lists, email lists, directory, attendance, email accounts, and contact lists.
- Coordinate support needs with appropriate staff members for the Adult Programs Team.
- Assist appropriate staff members in conducting electronic surveys when needed.
- Maintain specific public areas of the Fellowship in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Provide general admin support to Lead Minister and others, as directed by the DA; perform any other duties assigned by the DA or Lead Minister.
- Work with staff and volunteers to provide material and coordinate bulletin board updates.
- Support staff and set up for Sunday services.
- Coordinate print jobs (envelopes, cards)
- Work with copy vendor for supplies, service calls and communications
- Create and produce on deadline, weekly Order of Service and Bulletin using MS Publisher, in consultation with Lead Minister, other ministers, guest speakers, Dir. of Music and DA;
- Create and produce weekly E-News from bulletin, newsletter, and submissions.
- Assist appropriate staff members in production and distribution of newsletter and all other periodic communications, including programs for memorial services. This includes maintaining email lists, regular mail lists and knowledge of USPS non-profit bulk mail requirements.
- Post web articles and updates for upcoming events, services, programs, calendar, and podcasts.
- Coordinate regular social media communications.
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) is a caring, open-minded, and progressive religious community that seeks to make a difference in the larger community. The Fellowship is committed to racial equity and inclusion and to growing as a multicultural community, and seeks candidates that can help us live into that potential.
- High School diploma; Associate degree preferred but not required.
- Three – five years experience in an office environment;
- Strong computer, software and Internet skills; solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher; ability to learn new software, to include ACS Database; web calendar, Auction software and web design software.
- Web experience a plus (Joomla, HTML). Sound tech experience a plus. Desire to expand knowledge and capabilities in various software programs.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate general office equipment, to include standard copier; automatic folding machine.
- Self-motivated; able to initiate and follow through on tasks with moderate supervision.
- Able to solve problems and create solutions; able to identify areas of job related knowledge that need improvement and then seek educational opportunities to increase that knowledge.
- Above average organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, using good grammar and spelling.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure or deadline.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and interact in a professional and sensitive manner with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to set aside personal beliefs and politics to serve the community.
- Able to sit for moderate periods of time.
- Able to operate a standard computer and keyboard, multi-function telephone and other office equipment as listed above.
- Able to move freely in and out of buildings.
- Able to stoop and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Able to extend hands and arms above head.
This position is part-time (12-15 hours/week).
Position: Childcare Provider
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) welcomes and supports families with young children. In order to facilitate the participation of parents in ERUUF services and programming, we provide childcare during all services and additional programming. Our goal is to create a safe and engaging environment for children while their parents or guardians are participating in ERUUF services and activities.
The Adult Nursery Childcare Provider is responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and stimulating environment for children 0-4 yrs at the Fellowship. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to work in a progressive liberal religious environment and to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with parents, fellowship members, youth childcare providers, and ERUUF staff.
Hours: Sunday mornings from 8:45AM -12:45PM. Additional childcare hours may become available at events during the program year.
Pay Scale: $12 per hour
- Communicate in a polite, friendly, and courteous way to all children, parents, and Fellowship members.
- Coordinate with other nursery staff the care of children.
- Model healthy communication skills (E.G. Use positive language to direct or redirect children in what the child is being asked to do. Tell the child what s/he can do, rather than what s/he cannot do.)
- Abide by ERUUF child and youth policies to include Safe Congregation policies (Available on the main page of ERUUF website www.eruuf.org)
- Greet parents and children upon arrival, and particularly welcome first time visitors, providing overview of Nursery operation, and allowing parent to remain with the child until comfortable with the setting.
- Ensure that parents sign children in and out of the Nursery and complete Visitor cards as required by registration policy.
- Consult with parents regarding the child’s health history, allergies, and any other concerns regarding the child’s well being while in the care of the Nursery.
- Keep record of parent’s cell phone numbers and instruct them to leave their beeper on while children are in the Nursery.
- Pick-up toys and clean Nursery space prior to departing. Turn off air conditioner and lights.
- Report concerns, problems, accidents, or suggestions to the DLRE (or event organizer if other than a Sunday morning) immediately.
- Escort children to bathroom as needed. Diaper changing is not the responsibility of any childcare provider. Contact parent as needed.
- Interact with children through games, stories, and play.
Reports to: Director of Religious Education (DRE)
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.