ERUUF is committed to the inclusion of every person. All are welcome here without regard to race, ethnicity, disability, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or economic status, in accord with UU Principles. We are a UUA “Welcoming Congregation.
”What is a Welcoming Congregation?
A Welcoming Congregation is a church or worshiping community in the Unitarian Universalist Association that has completed an educational program to help the congregation become more inclusive of lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender people. Many UU congregations have adopted this.
A Covenant for ERUUF (September 2017)
- As a people ready to be changed by our evolving understanding, we covenant to practice right speech by bringing and assuming good intentions in every conversation; by listening respectfully and questioning kindly; and by speaking with humility.
- We commit to make our spaces supportive, our dialogue compassionate, and our diversity deep, broad and proud. We promise to seek out and welcome difference, work patiently through challenges, support and comfort each other as we live our Unitarian Universalist values.
- Recognizing the fierce courage needed to confront and disarm systemic racism, homophobia, and fear of The Other, we accept responsibility for what we say and do, and for what we do not say or do.
- Mindful of our desire to create a more loving and just world, we covenant to seek support from the wise and experienced when we fall short, and to begin again in love.
- And as people of faith, hope, and love, we will leave room for awe.
How to Find Us
4907 Garrett Road
Durham, NC 27707