Happy New Year from the Board of Trustees!
This fall was an especially busy time for me, but I resolve to do better in providing regular updates in 2018. It seems that people often wonder exactly what the Board of Trustees does. I'll have more to say on this in the months to come, but would like to start by sharing some of our near-term goals.
- First on the list is to develop policies and procedures for the Special Campaign Fund. Our goal is to be conservative yet creative so that ERUUF realizes the greatest benefit from this campaign.
- We are also taking a look at the way the Board functions. The Governance Committee has examined best practices from other large UU congregations and will soon make recommendations to our Board.
- On the visioning side of things, we are looking forward to an upcoming meeting with the Green Sanctuary team, while the Committee on the Evaluation of Ministry is working hard with staff and lay leaders to develop ways to measure success against Strategic Plan goals.
- Finally, we have some exciting work on stewardship planned, beginning with a joint board meeting with the Eno River Fellowship Foundation in February.
- The Communication Committee is continuing to table between services, so as we strive to meet our fiduciary, policy, and visioning goals in support of the good work of ERUUF, we welcome your input at any time.
You may also contact us at .