We are a group of knitters and crocheters who meet regularly for fellowship, spiritual growth, and service.
Our mission is threefold:
- To create comfort and warmth for our community through gifts and donations crafted from needles and yarn.
- To encourage needle workers to transform the rhythm of knitting and crocheting into a spiritual practice.
- To promote Unitarian Universalism through our donations and by opening our activities to needle workers seeking community.
Our members individually craft 7”x 9” knit or crocheted blocks. You can find patterns for the blocks here.
As a group, we assemble these blocks into blankets and shawls.
We also create children’s clothes and teddy bears. In the colder months, we create hats, scarves, and mittens.
The organizations we support include Duke Hospice, Welcome Baby, Meals on Wheels of Durham, Urban Ministries of Durham, TROSA, and Threshold Clubhouse.
We welcome newcomers of all levels from the most experienced to those who are looking to learn a new skill.
Meeting Times and Location
ERUUF CARE Building, Room 4/5
- 2nd Monday of the month, 9:00-11:00 am
- 4th Monday of the month, 5:30-7:00 pm