Advancing Human Rights
The Refugee and Immigrant Action Group provides engagement opportunities for ERUUFians to build relationships with refugees and immigrants in our community, and to make our voices heard in support of these new neighbors. Involvement can be one-time or ongoing and may include sharing a meal, helping with childcare or food at a class for immigrants, donating household items for new arrivals, or advocating on behalf of refugee and immigrant rights.
Group Description: Pride+ is a group of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, agender, and allies who are a part of the ERUUF community.
Overarching Goals: We are committed to:
- Creating a safe, welcoming and engaging environment for LGBTQIA members, significant others, families, guests, and all who enter our doors or engage with ERUUF in the community.
- Supporting issues of equity, equality and justice impacting LGBTQIA people within the congregation, in North Carolina, and nationally– especially those issues impacting the most marginalized.
- Strengthening the bonds of the Beloved Community within and beyond ERUUF by reaching out to organizations and communities committed to uplifting LGBTQIA people. (For example, we participate in Pride: Durham, NC which is held each September.)
Trans Inclusion in Congregations Course - FREE to ERUUF participants. Click the Read More button for details.
- Contact Person: Carol-Ann Antunes, Evelyn Studer, & Jenn Greenleaf
- Role: Coordinators
- Staff Partner: Rev. Jacqueline Brett, Lead Minister