Membership at ERUUF is open to all people, 16 years of age and older. Joining involves three important actions:
1. Take the eight (8) Inquirers Series of classes to learn about ERUUF -- who we are and what’s important to us.
Beginning in August 2018 this 8-part sequence of classes will take place in rotation every Sunday in the Commons Room. Classes can be taken out of sequence and at any time they’re offered, but all 8 are required for membership.
Additional Inquirers class times will be offered on Wednesday evenings in the Fall and Spring. For those who prefer to take the classes all at once, a full day retreat will be offered on a Saturday in the Fall and Spring. See the Finding Yourself At ERUUF section of the ERUUF website for Inquirers class descriptions and details about specific dates / times.
2. Attend a Belonging At ERUUF session to become a member.
When you are fully ready to make the decision to join, register for a Belonging at ERUUF session. Here you’ll learn about the difference your membership makes, and participate in a membership book signing ceremony with our ministers.
3. Make a stewardship pledge to the congregation.
Stewardship involves a contribution of each members’ time, talent, and treasure to the congregation. Everything you see and experience at ERUUF is due to the generosity of our members and friends.
- Time and talent: We ask each member to serve the Fellowship in a meaningful way that causes you to flourish and ERUUF to thrive as we create a Beloved Community together, and also serve the larger community beyond our walls.
- Treasure: As a completely self-funded congregation, ERUUF's bylaws require that all members make an annual financial contribution to support the Mission and work of the Fellowship. Understanding that everyone is in a different place financially, there is no minimum pledge.