Coronavirus Updates - ERUUF
Updates from the Fellowship
- The solar project has been installed and is awaiting final inspection before being switched on. It’s a beautiful sight on the CARE Building roof!
- Based on the continued spread of the coronavirus, we expect that worship will continue to be “online only” well into the fall and possibly beyond. Thanks to a generous grant from the Eno River Foundation, webcast recording equipment has been installed in the ERUUF Sanctuary. Staff are eagerly learning the new system so that even though you can’t come to ERUUF, soon we’ll be able to “bring ERUUF to you!” We’re very grateful to the Foundation for this generous gift which will make it possible to continue to share Sunday morning from the Sanctuary long after the pandemic is just a story we tell in the future.
- We’re also planning for church school and adult programs to be “online only” this fall. We’re ready to pivot back to “in person” as soon as it’s safe to do so. But while it’s not safe we’re checking in with our members to find out what they need and we’ll do our best to respond with online groups and classes.
“Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” ― Howard Zinn
Did you know that April is Earth and Climate Justice Month at ERUUF? Earth & Climate Justice Month is a project of our Green Sanctuary Accreditation, and ERUUF is honoring it this year with a variety of events and activities! We invite all members and friends to participate in as many of them as possible!
Earth & Climate Justice Month 2020: Schedule of Events
Note: Given the uncertainty of our times, details related to these events may change. As ERUUF events, we will honor the congregational guidelines in place as each event date approaches and will keep all registrants informed of any/all changes.
April 1-22: Eco-Challenge
Join the Earth Day EcoChallenge ERUUF Team (returning Team ERUUF members from last year can sign in and new members need to join the EcoChallenge first then the ERUUF Team) and practice building and reinforcing sustainable regenerative habits with changemakers across the globe! From April 1-22, Select actions to take that align with your individual values and make a 22-day commitment to complete those actions, all the while practicing and reinforcing good habits. Choose actions that are practiced one-time or daily, and choose them from categories such as Wildlife, Freshwater, Oceans, People, Food, Climate, and Forests. For every completed action, you create impact and earn points for your team, and build habits that ensure a better shared future for us all. Contact, Tom Fletcher.
Saturday, April 11, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Fellowship Hall: VIRTUAL Sustainable Living Fair
We are going VIRTUAL for our second Sustainable Living Fair with talks by experts in various domains of sustainable living to include our keynote speaker, Crystal Dreisbach, Founder & Executive Director, Don’t Waste Durham. Other topics include waste reduction, green and healthy home and lawn, and the clean energy transition. Please register by Thursday, 4/9/20 to assist with planning & logistics. Updates and call-in information will be sent to all registrants by Friday, 4/10, 1 pm. Contact: Denise Frizzell.
Friday & Saturday, April 17-18: Council of All Beings Ceremony - POSTPONED, Rescheduling TBD
Sunday, April 19 - Saturday, April 25: Plant-Based Eating Week - POSTPONED
We hope to reschedule Plant-Based Eating Week activities in the fall. Details forthcoming. Contact Jonathan Sheline for more information. Meanwhile members of Earth Justice would like to recommend the following documentaries and educational materials:
Other educational materials to support plant-based eating (click here to access):
The Food Revolution Network’s Need To Grow Impact Kit* includes:
- Need to Grow, full length film
- Series of video classes, including: "Nutrient Density: How to GROW Healing Foods" with Erik Cutter, "Starting a Seed Library" with Alicia Serratos, "The Most Important Steps to Your First Garden" with David King, "The Magic of Soils Simplified, Parts 1 & 2" with Toby Hemenway, "Introduction to Permaculture" with Larry Santoyo, "How to Use Biochar" with Michael Smith, "Eliminating Pesticides from Schools and Communities" with Mackenzie Feldman, plus 8 more!
Sunday, April 26: Earth Day Worship Service & Coffee Hour
Sunday, April 26: Concert for the Earth