This opportunity is offered in the spirit of building community, broadening circles, and fostering intergenerational relations. It will provide youth who are ERUUF members a chance to share their love of UUism with the younger generation. This experience is truly emblematic of UU values: covenantal relationships rooted in community and mutual respect. Unlike other internships that offer a chance to learn work skills, this internship offers youth a chance to practice bringing their UU values into a work environment. Priority will be given to applicants who have completed Coming of Age at ERUUF or another UU congregation.
With this internship you will:
- Build leadership skills
- Deepen knowledge of UU principles and how they can impact life and community
- Build relationships with other adults at ERUUF (parents and teachers)
- Create and deepen relationships with UU children
- Add valuable experience and skills to your resume
Sundays from September 6, 2020 - May 23, 2021
- Later December
- Easter Sunday
It is possible to miss an occasional Sunday. See Expectations below.
$15 / session.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work a minimum of three Sundays a month and not miss more than two consecutive Sundays.
- Arrive 20 minutes prior to class starting and stay until the last child is reunited with their parents (per policies)
- Attend monthly chalice circle / staff meeting
- Attend teacher training on safety prior to the start date
- Attend other teacher trainings as they are offered
- Help supervise and facilitate activities for children in grades K-5 while they participate in RE classes.
- Assist the lead teacher by taking role and helping with the lessons and being generally helpful.