Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer.
Job postings, as they become available, are listed here.
Purpose - The major responsibility of the Pianist is to collaborate with the Director of Music and Lead Minister to develop a worship experience and environment that is strengthened by the connection between worship and music.
1. Provide hymn support and weekly preludes that are consistent with the service topic.
2. Accompany and rehearse with the Eno River Singers (Thursday evenings) and rotating small ensembles that rehearse after the main choir rehearsal on Thursdays.
3. Accompany soloists, instrumentalists, and ensembles for worship and/or special services.
4. Submit information for the bulletins in a timely fashion as determined by the office staff.
5. Play for four special services throughout the year (Music Sunday, Christmas Eve).
6. Accompany and solo at two evening concerts throughout the year.
7. Attend occasional meetings with the Director of Music and Lead Minister to develop and enhance music in worship.
8. Collaborate with staff ministers and other worship leaders as needed.
a. Ability to play a wide variety of musical styles, in both the written and aural tradition.
b. Significant experience in accompanying a high quality amateur choral ensemble. Ability to play parts/sight read.
c. Comfortable as a solo performer.
d. Alignment with Unitarian Universalist values.
e. Performance experience in a worship setting.
Salary – Competitive and in line with large church worship
Vacation - The pianist is given four Sundays off at the discretion of the Director of Music. The staff pianist will maintain a sub list.
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
The Eno River UU Fellowship owns a Yamaha C7 grand piano, and Boston by Steinway baby grand. Rehearsal space and lesson privileges are negotiable.
Deadline - The application deadline is Monday, April 29 2019.
Eno River Unitarian Universalist Fellowship (ERUUF) is a caring, open-minded, and progressive religious community that seeks to make a difference in the larger community. The Fellowship is committed to racial equity and inclusion and to growing as a multicultural community, and seeks candidates that can help us live into that potential.
Please forward questions or inquiries to:
Rev. Deborah Cayer
Eno River UU Fellowship
4907 Garrett Rd
Durham NC 27707